Expand your Body MRI services
Changing the scope of Body MRI
With demographic changes and the continued increase in demand for abdominal MRI comes the need to expand your services. We offer you the tools to do it. A wide range of revolutionary features and applications gives you high-quality, high-resolution images, even in body regions susceptible to artifacts. From reduced breath-hold times to invasive quantification of liver fat – we revolutionize what’s possible.
Whole-Body Dot Engine: Reliably perform whole-body MRI in 25 min
The Whole-Body Dot Engine1 allows easy, seamless planning of multiparametric multistation exams. Automatic recognition of individual anatomy and consistent settings for spatial resolution, image contrast, and breath-hold capacity according to the METRADS-P recommendations are directly integrated into the Whole-Body Dot Engine. Landmark-based automatic segmentation of the anatomical regions based on FastView scan AutoCoverage: scan range across the chest, abdomen and pelvis can be easily defined with a coverage slider.
- Easy to perform and consistent whole-body exams with Dot guidance
- Distortion-free whole-body DWI with BioMatrix Tuners1
- Core whole-body exam in 25 minutes
- Reliable information for physicians to use for early assessment and follow up of patients, e.g. with multiple myeloma
LiverLab: Quantitative liver evaluation
Evaluating the fat and iron content of the liver is an important step in monitoring early stages of liver diseases. As steatosis and hemochromatosis are becoming more prevalent in industrialized countries, the demand for liver evaluation is growing.
LiverLab enables non-invasive identification of patients with fatty liver and iron overload already at an early disease stage. This helps to minimize the need for biopsy.
- Non-invasive evaluation method for liver fat and iron content
- Fast and reproducible results without post-processing
- One robust and fast clinical workflow
- Time and cost savings
Liver fibrosis is an excessive accumulation of extracellular matrix proteins including collagen that occurs in most types of chronic liver diseases. Advanced liver fibrosis results in cirrhosis, liver failure, and portal hypertension, where liver transplantation may be the only treatment option. Diagnosis traditionally requires liver biopsy and there is acknowledged need for accurate less invasive methods to detect and follow chronic liver disease. These challenges have led to increasing interest in MR Elastography as a clinical and research tool
- Helps to evaluate changes and therefore loss in functionality of the liver tissue
- Additional MR tool set to evaluate liver diseases non-invasively
- Different approach for improved treatment decisions, especially in liver fibrosis
RESOLVE: Outstanding diffusion-weighted imaging (DWI)
RESOLVE is a diffusion-weighted imaging (DWI) technique that reduces blurring and susceptibility to artifacts. It is largely free of distortions and delivers sharp images at higher spatial resolution. RESOLVE is especially attractive for the evaluation of smaller lesions in a wide range of examinations.
- High-quality, high-resolution DWI and DTI
- Reduced susceptibility to blurring artifacts
- Insensitivity to motion-induced phase errors
- Reduced SAR in comparison to TSE-based methods
- iPAT compatible for faster scans and further reduction of distortions
CAIPIRINHA: High-resolution 3D imaging with reduced breath-hold times
CAIPIRINHA (Controlled Aliasing in Parallel Imaging Results in Higher Acceleration) is a data acquisition technique that reduces breath-hold times and still delivers high-resolution 3D data. It can be combined with 3D T1 VIBE or 3D Dixon and offers four contrasts (in phase, opposed phase, fat, and water) in a single breath-hold. Liver imaging can be performed in 10 seconds.
- Higher SNR possible
- Higher PAT factors are enabled with excellent image quality
- Used pattern distribute k-space points more uniformly
- Reduced patient stress by reducing breath-holds
Abdomen Dot Engine: Hassle-free breath-hold and contrast imaging
The Abdomen Dot Engine is a customized solution with optimized bolus timing for dynamic abdomen scans. Various features ensure consistent contrast timing and, consequently, consistent image quality for multiparametric imaging. In addition, monitoring of exam progress and synchronized timing makes scanning more comfortable and confident.
- Perform hassle-free breath-hold and contrast imaging
- Less repeat examinations through 28% better timing accuracy
- Increased timing accuracy delivers reproducible results
- Perform motion free imaging
- Use offered MRCP and Diffusion decision points
1510(k) pending. The product is still under development and not commercially available yet. Its future availability cannot be ensured.