Operational Return on Innovation
- syngo®.via5 offers up to 45% faster6 oncology reads compared to workstations. The RT export functionality now allows seamless collaboration with the oncology department.
- syngo.via as a multimodality client-server solution orchestrates the imaging workflow, from acquisition to reading and sharing. Working off of a single database, cases are instantly available from virtually anywhere4, including PACS. Prior studies are automatically pre-fetched, results are available at the tumor board without extra preparation.
- syngo.via for Molecular Imaging supports collaboration for radiation oncology. PET-based segmentations can be exported as DICOM RT Structures for use in RT planning. PET-based RT planning allows for innovative patient-friendly therapies by focusing dose on residual viable tumor and sparing other tissue.
Cases are automatically prepared by syngo.via and are accessible from the Quick Worklist. Simply selecting the patient launches the case-specific reading environment.
Increased reading efficiency with automated case preparation
To help keep up with productivity gains during acquisition, syngo.via automates many manual and routine steps in the reading workflow.
In oncology, hybrid exams are commonplace, which doubles the available diagnostic information. In addition, the studies are often whole-body exams, further increasing the volume. And many patients have a history of prior studies for comparison. syngo.via automates necessary preparation steps so your workflow starts where it should: with reading. When selecting a patient, the system can be configured so syngo.via:
- has pre-fetched prior examinations
- fuses hybrid studies and registers them across up to 8 time points
- starts the appropriate reading environment: for example, the syngo.mCT Oncology Engine
- displays prior findings
In cardiology, hybrid scanners are becoming more utilized by the acquisition of CT calcium score and CTA examinations in parallel with the PET or SPECT study. When selecting a patient, the system can be configured so syngo.via:
- has pre-fetched prior examinations
- starts the appropriate reading environment: for example, the syngo.mCT Cardiology Pro Engine
- has already removed the rib cage, soft tissue and bloodpool
- has tracked and labeled the coronary arteries
- has performed a coronary lumen profile and plaque characterization
- has selected the appropriate normals database for perfusion analysis
In neurology, PET brain imaging is becoming more utilized due to the aging population and development of new biomarkers. Depending on the type of procedure performed, the system can be configured so syngo.via:
- starts the appropriate reading environment: for example, syngo.PET Database Comparison
- performs fusion to a CT and/or MR dataset
- performs fusion to a normals database for visual analysis
- performs registration to a reference brain template
- provides predefined regions of interest for quantification
With all preparation work being performed by syngo.via, the case interpretation can begin immediately upon launching. syngo.via increases reading efficiency and helps reduce report turnaround time.
Workflow integration from case preparation to results sharing
syngo.via is more than a diagnostic tool: it supports your workflow all the way to the tumor board presentation. From processing to diagnosis and sharing, syngo.via provides a single, common platform. Working on the same dataset preserves results and eliminates redundancies. First, the technologist can prepare the case. Next, the reading physician creates findings and documents the diagnosis. Finally, the case and its results can be elegantly presented in the tumor board meeting using the Findings Navigator.
RIS/PACS workplaces are often limited to 2D/3D image display and are not designed for hybrid reading or PET quantification. syngo.via overcomes these limitations through its advanced visualization and quantification functionality and can be fully integrated into the RIS/PACS workstation of all major vendors.
Reduced reading time
With a single database, your technologist can now prepare your cases before placing them in the reading worklist. Routine tasks will be completed, so more time is available for patient care and reading. All cases are available instantly, without sending studies across the network.
Advanced PET, SPECT and CT reading on PACS
With syngo.via, you can freely navigate the entire dataset, use advanced PET and CT segmentation and quantification tools, and document your findings—right on the RIS/PACS reporting workplace. Cases can now be interpreted and reported with access to full clinical information, without depending on parallel ranges or switching between reporting and reading workplaces.
Live access anytime, virtually anywhere4
On your PACS, at the tumor board meeting, in the OR, or even from home, live access to all cases and tools is just a login away on any PC.* This creates new possibilities, like easy second opinions and on-call scenarios, using the Findings Navigator to elegantly present cases, or using 3D visualization for surgery planning and patient communication. syngo.via frees medical images from the local workstation to bring the power of hybrid imaging to clinical routine.
*with a network connection and meeting minimum hardware requirements.