N Latex CDT Assay
Highly specific screening for detection of chronic alcohol abuse
The N Latex CDT assay for use on BN™ II and BN ProSpec® Systems provides a highly specific screening method for the detection of alcohol abuse. The CDT level increases and decreases with the amount of alcohol consumed; therefore, many different applications are possible, such as differential diagnosis of alcohol-induced versus nonalcohol-induced diseases, legal applications (e.g., for regranting of driver’s license), workplace testing, or forensic toxicology.
- Fully automated immunoassay with no sample pretreatment required
- Highly specific monoclonal antibody that directly detects CDT
- Automatic calculation of %CDT by running CDT and transferrin assays simultaneously
- Fast availability of results—within 20 minutes (total assay time)
- Random-access capability
- Reliable results—excellent recovery between labs, systems, and lots
The products/features shown on this web page are not commercially available in all countries. Due to regulatory reasons their future availability cannot be guaranteed. Please contact your local Siemens organization for further details.